The SXSW IT and technical production team was tracking all of their internal assets and the thousands of assets that got in to the festival through a spreadsheet. Whether they were moving equipment at the office or at a large convention space it was complicated to track gear and it wasn’t clear where the assets were moving and who was responsible for them. Here’s their story of how IT asset management software transformed their production.
In the aftermath of the Sony Pictures hack, reports have surfaced that shine the spotlight on a number of missed opportunities for the Sony IT security team to fix known weaknesses in the system. Here is what your IT service desk can learn from this case to prevent being the star of Megahack Part II.
- What to know about IT Service Management and Big Data Protection December 22, 2014
- Friday Fun: Samanage Presents “Our Picks for Flicks” December 19, 2014
- The Bags Drop Here: Getting IT Service Management Software Beyond IT December 19, 2014
- IT Asset Management: Is There an Upside to Shadow IT? December 18, 2014
- Samanage Changes SXSW’s Tune on IT Asset Management December 17, 2014
- Top Tech Trends Expected to Affect IT Service Management in 2015 December 16, 2014
- What the IT Service Desk can Learn from the Sony Pictures Megahack December 15, 2014
- Friday Fun: Inexpensive End of Year Bonus Gifts for your IT Help Desk December 12, 2014
- Use IT Service Management Software Outside of IT? Yes You Can. December 11, 2014
- Guest Interview: Mark Kedgley on IT Security Challenges December 10, 2014