What service desk worker isn’t convinced that if their bosses just did away with the cubicles and boring decor their work would improve? Certainly, if given access to games and toys, and comfy chairs (even access to a window would help), productivity would soar to glorious heights! This is, in fact, proven to be true.
Discovering E.T. buried in the desert, and hackers posed as appliances. That’s the stuff that used to define the likes of wildly imaginative thinkers is now reality. And you thought some of the help desk tickets your IT team gets are strange. Here are some of the latest bizarre tech stories.
Asset management is an ongoing process, and the larger the organization, the more challenging and time-consuming asset management can become. Throw in a growing mobile workforce and BYOD policies and you have even more challenges. You need a solid management system backed by robust IT asset management software to realize efficiency.
Creating a place where people can show up, seek help, and interact with IT service desk workers in person has offered promising results in some workplaces. Walk-in IT tech support is becoming more attractive to organizations – here are some things to keep in mind when implementing your own “Genius Bar IT Service Desk.”
IT infrastructure changes require a methodical approach to be successful. These include planning for the change, controlling the change, implementing the change, and helping everyone adapt at the end of the day. But forgetting end user training – no matter how simple or robust – can directly impact how well the new technology or product is adopted.
- Friday Fun: 6 of the Coolest Offices from Around the World January 30, 2015
- What If Celebrities Starred in iOS Apps? January 29, 2015
- How Different IT Service Management Workers Affect ITSM Efficiency January 28, 2015
- How the Cloud and ITIL Still Get Along January 27, 2015
- 7 Ways to Develop a Positive Brand for Your IT Service Desk January 26, 2015
- Friday Fun: Offbeat Tech Stories of the Last Year January 23, 2015
- FirstCare Health Plans: Benefits of Unified IT Asset Management and Service Desk Extend Beyond IT January 22, 2015
- Ensuring the Accuracy of your IT Asset Management System January 21, 2015
- The Genius Bar IT Service Desk – Fad or Trend? January 20, 2015
- Change Management, The IT Service Desk, and End User Training January 19, 2015