Have you ever been watching your favorite old movie and thought, “that guy sure could use a cell phone,” or, “she really needs to Google this stuff”? What if you could go back and endow your favorite character with modern technologies like social media, the cloud, and mobile technology?
Placing the majority of IT help desk operations in the cloud relieves IT workers of a lot of stress, but there are still a number of soft skills that have to be maintained. Unfortunately, the cloud can’t relieve all of the interactions of help desk workers with users, vendors, coworkers, managers, and others around the workplace.
Benchmarking is a well-established tool for measuring and managing service desk performance. Effective benchmarking enables you to quantify the performance of your service desk, compare your service desk to others in your industry, identify performance gaps, and define the actions necessary to close the gaps.
Performance, responsiveness, integrations and an active community are all expected to come standard in today’s enterprise software. When evaluating your cloud software options, these are then 10 specifications you should expect – and demand- from any vendor in the space.
- Friday Fun: 8 Technologies We’d Like to Add to Old Sci-Fi Flicks February 27, 2015
- How the IT Service Desk Can Prepare for IoT Security February 26, 2015
- Service Desk Quality vs. Costs: Cause and Effect February 25, 2015
- Managing Vendors Should Be Included in IT Asset Management February 24, 2015
- 6 Soft Skills You’ll Still Need in a Cloud Environment February 23, 2015
- Friday Fun: So, You’re Going to Mars? February 20, 2015
- An IT Service Desk People Enjoy Using? Inteva Products Found It with Samanage February 19, 2015
- Introduction to Service Desk Benchmarking February 18, 2015
- Defining IT Service Catalog Services to Streamline the IT Service Desk February 17, 2015
- The New Enterprise Software Experience February 16, 2015