The Importance of Network Management Software
Why have network management software systems become such a critical part of an organization’s technology arsenal? Because today’s companies invest more heavily in enterprise network infrastructure than in any other type of IT solution. In fact, IDC has claimed that enterprise network spending has historically outpaced IT spending in general, accounting for as much as seven percent of a corporation’s total IT budget. And, the analyst firm expects this trend to continue for at least the next five years.
Network management software is designed to enhanced the operation, administration, and provisioning of networks and related assets within the network. These powerful, comprehensive applications allow businesses to better control and maintain their IT networks by centralizing and automating all activities related to tracking, monitoring, servicing, and fine-tuning its components.
With network management tools in place, companies can monitor – in real-time – all aspects of their network assets, including bandwidth, storage space, software installation and usage, and anti-virus protection. As a result, they can tap into the full potential of their infrastructures and maximize return on their network investments by:
- Performing network IT audits to accurately log and track all related inventory, and facilitate software license compliance
- Identifying the location and configuration of network components
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems and issues that may impact network performance
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of servers and other network assets – even from remote or off-site locations
How does network management software accomplish all this? With a broad array of robust features to enhance end-to-end network IT asset management, such as:
- Comprehensive network mapping, for in-depth insight into network structure
- Automated network auditing, for more precise hardware and software asset management
- Centralized monitoring of all network components
- A complete suite of network diagnostic tools
- Configuration and change management capabilities, to reduce the time and complexity of network-wide modifications
- Dynamic alerts that instantly notify network administrators when critical events occur
Additionally, many network management tools include fully-integrated IT help desk capabilities. So, companies can not only better manage the individual components within their IT networks, as well as the infrastructure as a whole. They can more efficiently and effectively address the problems and issues faced by the users who are connected to those networks.
Visit our Web site to learn more about the features and benefits of our SaaS IT asset management and network management software solutions.
- IT Asset Management: Is There an Upside to Shadow IT? December 18, 2014
- Samanage Changes SXSW’s Tune on IT Asset Management December 17, 2014
- Top Tech Trends Expected to Affect IT Service Management in 2015 December 16, 2014
- What the IT Service Desk can Learn from the Sony Pictures Megahack December 15, 2014
- Friday Fun: Inexpensive End of Year Bonus Gifts for your IT Help Desk December 12, 2014
- Use IT Service Management Software Outside of IT? Yes You Can. December 11, 2014
- Guest Interview: Mark Kedgley on IT Security Challenges December 10, 2014
- Samanage IT Service Desk Simplifies School’s Ticketing Process for Students and Staff December 10, 2014
- iOS 8 Features and your IT Service Desk December 9, 2014
- How the DoE used IT Asset Management to Bridge Security Gaps December 8, 2014