The Importance of Network Management Software
Why have network management software systems become such a critical part of an organization’s technology arsenal? Because today’s companies invest more heavily in enterprise network infrastructure than in any other type of IT solution. In fact, IDC has claimed that enterprise network spending has historically outpaced IT spending in general, accounting for as much as seven percent of a corporation’s total IT budget. And, the analyst firm expects this trend to continue for at least the next five years.
Network management software is designed to enhanced the operation, administration, and provisioning of networks and related assets within the network. These powerful, comprehensive applications allow businesses to better control and maintain their IT networks by centralizing and automating all activities related to tracking, monitoring, servicing, and fine-tuning its components.
With network management tools in place, companies can monitor – in real-time – all aspects of their network assets, including bandwidth, storage space, software installation and usage, and anti-virus protection. As a result, they can tap into the full potential of their infrastructures and maximize return on their network investments by:
- Performing network IT audits to accurately log and track all related inventory, and facilitate software license compliance
- Identifying the location and configuration of network components
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems and issues that may impact network performance
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of servers and other network assets – even from remote or off-site locations
How does network management software accomplish all this? With a broad array of robust features to enhance end-to-end network IT asset management, such as:
- Comprehensive network mapping, for in-depth insight into network structure
- Automated network auditing, for more precise hardware and software asset management
- Centralized monitoring of all network components
- A complete suite of network diagnostic tools
- Configuration and change management capabilities, to reduce the time and complexity of network-wide modifications
- Dynamic alerts that instantly notify network administrators when critical events occur
Additionally, many network management tools include fully-integrated IT help desk capabilities. So, companies can not only better manage the individual components within their IT networks, as well as the infrastructure as a whole. They can more efficiently and effectively address the problems and issues faced by the users who are connected to those networks.
Visit our Web site to learn more about the features and benefits of our SaaS IT asset management and network management software solutions.
- Friday Fun: 6 of the Coolest Offices from Around the World January 30, 2015
- What If Celebrities Starred in iOS Apps? January 29, 2015
- How Different IT Service Management Workers Affect ITSM Efficiency January 28, 2015
- How the Cloud and ITIL Still Get Along January 27, 2015
- 7 Ways to Develop a Positive Brand for Your IT Service Desk January 26, 2015
- Friday Fun: Offbeat Tech Stories of the Last Year January 23, 2015
- FirstCare Health Plans: Benefits of Unified IT Asset Management and Service Desk Extend Beyond IT January 22, 2015
- Ensuring the Accuracy of your IT Asset Management System January 21, 2015
- The Genius Bar IT Service Desk – Fad or Trend? January 20, 2015
- Change Management, The IT Service Desk, and End User Training January 19, 2015