The Importance of Network Management Software
Why have network management software systems become such a critical part of an organization’s technology arsenal? Because today’s companies invest more heavily in enterprise network infrastructure than in any other type of IT solution. In fact, IDC has claimed that enterprise network spending has historically outpaced IT spending in general, accounting for as much as seven percent of a corporation’s total IT budget. And, the analyst firm expects this trend to continue for at least the next five years.
Network management software is designed to enhanced the operation, administration, and provisioning of networks and related assets within the network. These powerful, comprehensive applications allow businesses to better control and maintain their IT networks by centralizing and automating all activities related to tracking, monitoring, servicing, and fine-tuning its components.
With network management tools in place, companies can monitor – in real-time – all aspects of their network assets, including bandwidth, storage space, software installation and usage, and anti-virus protection. As a result, they can tap into the full potential of their infrastructures and maximize return on their network investments by:
- Performing network IT audits to accurately log and track all related inventory, and facilitate software license compliance
- Identifying the location and configuration of network components
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems and issues that may impact network performance
- Conducting ongoing monitoring of servers and other network assets – even from remote or off-site locations
How does network management software accomplish all this? With a broad array of robust features to enhance end-to-end network IT asset management, such as:
- Comprehensive network mapping, for in-depth insight into network structure
- Automated network auditing, for more precise hardware and software asset management
- Centralized monitoring of all network components
- A complete suite of network diagnostic tools
- Configuration and change management capabilities, to reduce the time and complexity of network-wide modifications
- Dynamic alerts that instantly notify network administrators when critical events occur
Additionally, many network management tools include fully-integrated IT help desk capabilities. So, companies can not only better manage the individual components within their IT networks, as well as the infrastructure as a whole. They can more efficiently and effectively address the problems and issues faced by the users who are connected to those networks.
Visit our Web site to learn more about the features and benefits of our SaaS IT asset management and network management software solutions.
- Friday Fun: 8 Technologies We’d Like to Add to Old Sci-Fi Flicks February 27, 2015
- How the IT Service Desk Can Prepare for IoT Security February 26, 2015
- Service Desk Quality vs. Costs: Cause and Effect February 25, 2015
- Managing Vendors Should Be Included in IT Asset Management February 24, 2015
- 6 Soft Skills You’ll Still Need in a Cloud Environment February 23, 2015
- Friday Fun: So, You’re Going to Mars? February 20, 2015
- An IT Service Desk People Enjoy Using? Inteva Products Found It with Samanage February 19, 2015
- Introduction to Service Desk Benchmarking February 18, 2015
- Defining IT Service Catalog Services to Streamline the IT Service Desk February 17, 2015
- The New Enterprise Software Experience February 16, 2015