Attacks by hackers can manifest as something alarming, like a drained bank account, or they may leave subtler evidence. Some of the most serious attacks are only detected through study of logged data, and they may only be discovered after serious damage has been done. The IT service desk can help educate end-users on what to look out for, and encourage them to report problems right away so that damage can be contained.
Back in 2011, CNET ran a headline that said, “Galaxy Nexus: Android Ice Cream Sandwich guinea pig.” Believe it or not, the word “android” was used as far back as 1728, and ice cream sandwiches go back more than 100 years. So while the typical adult from the year 1964 may have understood the individual…
J.P. Medved, content editor for Capterra, says that at one time he would have said budget was the biggest challenge facing startups, but now he thinks that is just symptomatic of a larger issue: lack of knowledge.
Enterprise cloud computing at this point appears to be an irreversible trend. As more infrastructure is virtualized, more organizations are seeing increased numbers of processes migrated to the cloud. Processes that now operate in the cloud include everything from enterprise planning to core business functions to help desk software.
- IT Asset Management in School Systems: Special Needs and Concerns November 25, 2014
- California Court Rules on BYOD: IT Service Management Implications November 24, 2014
- Friday Fun: 4 Things Top IT Service Desk Teams are Thankful for This Year November 21, 2014
- Tensator Excels with Samanage IT Asset Management and IT Service Desk November 20, 2014
- Adapting IT Service Management to the Millennial Workforce November 19, 2014
- Why You Still Need Asset Management Software in the Cloud Era November 18, 2014
- The IT Help Desk and the Slow Network: How to Cope November 17, 2014
- Friday Fun: Movember at Samanage Progress Update November 14, 2014
- Running a Robust IT Service Catalog. Amazon Style? November 13, 2014
- Becoming a High Performance IT Organization Starts Today November 13, 2014