For some organizations, having the IT service desk provide end-user training on new apps is a smart investment of resources. End-users can get up to speed quickly, IT workers can learn apps intimately so as to be able to answer questions about them accurately, and productivity gains can be maximized by teaching end-users all the features of a new application.
Most businesses know that IT asset management is something they need to do, but it’s hard to know where to start. Let’s breakdown the three key steps necessary to implement IT asset management so your organization can start reaping the many benefits of properly managed IT assets as soon as possible.
If 2014 was the learning curve for many businesses that adopted the cloud, 2015 is going to be the year where it gets (more) real. Recent data points to even greater adoption and use of cloud-based solutions. Is your IT service management prepared to meet the trends?
Lost passwords. Keyboard disasters. Cat videos. In addition to all of the fun facts and figures on how many IT service desk tickets were resolved within an hour or how fast the new system upgrades went, toss in some interesting stats that might make your IT year end report stand out from the pack.
Unlicensed software costs billions each year. The key to avoiding unwittingly slipping into software noncompliance is to start early on, including software licenses as part of the IT asset management system. Here’s what your IT service desk can learn from other’s missteps.
- How Different IT Service Management Workers Affect ITSM Efficiency January 28, 2015
- How the Cloud and ITIL Still Get Along January 27, 2015
- 7 Ways to Develop a Positive Brand for Your IT Service Desk January 26, 2015
- Friday Fun: Offbeat Tech Stories of the Last Year January 23, 2015
- FirstCare Health Plans: Benefits of Unified IT Asset Management and Service Desk Extend Beyond IT January 22, 2015
- Ensuring the Accuracy of your IT Asset Management System January 21, 2015
- The Genius Bar IT Service Desk – Fad or Trend? January 20, 2015
- Change Management, The IT Service Desk, and End User Training January 19, 2015
- Friday Fun: 6 Superpowers an IT Service Desk Superhero Would Have January 16, 2015
- Santex Discovers IT Service Desk and Asset Management Go Hand-in-Hand with Samanage January 15, 2015