While technology solutions delivered via a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model are beneficial to companies of all sizes, it is the small to mid sized businesses (SMBs) who are likely to derive the greatest advantages. The SaaS approach provides companies in the mid-market with an affordable way to leverage the same kind of powerful enterprise software solutions that larger companies use for many years, and at a fraction of the cost.
Yankee Group claims that the SaaS strategy is growing in popularity among SMBs, and will continue to do so, as more and more of them choose on-demand enterprise software tools. In fact, the analyst firm’s research shows that 60 percent of small and mid-sized organizations believe that enterprise software delivered via SaaS can help them reduce expenses and increase efficiency.
Why does on-demand make it easier for SMBs to acquire enterprise software?
- No need to buy or install expensive infrastructure – all the hardware and software required to operate the enterprise software tool is already up and running at the service provider’s site.
- No upfront investment – use of the enterprise software application is rented so costs spread over affordable installments.
- Minimal burden on IT staff – since subscription fees include upgrades and ongoing administration, smaller firms don’t need to devote their already limited technical resources to maintaining the enterprise software package.
- Reduce technology risk – SaaS delivered solutions helps reduce the risk of deploying a new technology, and helps eliminate shelfware, a term used to describe software that was purchased but never put to use.
- Eliminate the upgrade cycle – traditional software vendors want you to upgrade to the newer release of their products (guess why?), which means you have to test the new version, verify its working properly in your infrastructure, and roll it across your company, somethings with very little value to the organization. With SaaS, there are no more upgrades. When new functionality becomes available, you simply configure it and put it to use. Don’t need that functionality – no problem. This approach lets you maximize the value of technology to your company.
The SaaS approach has made all types of solutions more accessible to SMBs, including enterprise IT management software. With enterprise IT management software, companies can streamline and automate the logging, tracking, and administration of all technology assets owned and used by the company.
For years, larger companies have been reaping the benefits of enterprise IT management software, using it to boost the performance and value of their critical technology systems and infrastructure and optimize their IT investments. Now with SaaS, smaller and mid-sized companies can easily implement IT asset management processes, facilitating better service level with integrated help desk software and much more.
Visit our web site to learn more about the benefits that SaaS offers to SMBs, and how our powerful on-demand enterprise IT management software can help smaller companies to enhance the value of their technology assets throughout their entire lifecycle.
IT Management Software for Small Business!
Sign up for a free trial of SAManage SaaS IT Management service.