Transformational change. Customer-driven excellence. It’s officially time to embrace those buzzwords through enterprise service management (ESM). Organizations are realizing that being “customer independent” is nonexistent. Every department has a service to offer, be it for an internal or external customer, and recognizing interdependencies with other business units is mission critical.
Efficiency and effectiveness are the name of the game in positive customer experiences. You don’t even have to beg for increased visibility, user satisfaction, and cross-departmental collaboration because ESM has it all. Here are just a few the big wins enterprise service management can give you:
- Get Out of the Dark Ages with Visibility. In ESM’s case, that’s increased visibility via a single, unified platform. Critical data on operations and performance from different organizations is easily accessible and up-to-date. No longer do you have to hunt for data because all of the business endpoints feed to the same place. Visibility also provides greater accountability. You know who is responsible for what and can better and much faster pinpoint service or process gaps.
- Enable A-ha Moments through Intelligence. Visibility and intelligence go hand-in-hand. Visibility gives you the data and analytics gives you the intelligence that provides insights, such as the impact of service quality and response times on the entire organization’s performance. You’ll understand the value that each business unit provides and are more capable to plan and identify trends and ensure ongoing alignment to both business unit and company goals.
- Utilize Your Company’s Brain. Whether you have 50 or 500 employees, you have immense brainpower to tap into. ESM allows for employees to get their solutions more quickly through a corporate knowledge base, as well as provide streamlined processes to log and track service requests. The automated delivery of service and requests frees up help desk agents and enables a more productive workforce that helps spearhead new ideas. It’s the people that create and innovate.
- Make Happy Customers. Enterprise service management allows the clear and concise delivery against employee expectations. A great customer experience gives consistent and predictable services delivered from one department to the next, empowering employees to solve their own problems, and providing 24 hour access to services and information. Happy customers means putting the customer in the middle of all service interactions.
- Consistent and Continuous Improvement. The increased visibility and intelligence allows for constant evaluation of processes and service delivery. ESM gives you continuous agility in implementing and adapting organization improvements against business goals, allowing an almost prescient ability to stay one step ahead with innovation.
- All for One and One for All. Streamlined processes and easily accessible touch points to other business units within a company allow for increased collaboration. Work can easily and efficiently be passed from one organization to another. Services are consistent across each internal service provider and a company feels more cohesive with both internal and external products and messaging.
Sure, we could go on and on, but we think you are starting to see the power that enterprise service management can give your organization. If you want to be successful in the world of tomorrow, you need the tools to compete and innovate in the fast-paced digital world of today.Here's a sneak peek of how #ESM will make you successful in the world of tomorrow. Click To Tweet