By Guest Blogger, Elias Terman, VP of Product Marketing at OneLogin
OneLogin and SAManage have collaborated on a free integration that enables all SAManage customers to connect their internal directories to SAManage, enjoy single sign-on (SSO) at the office or on the go, and enforce multi-factor authentication. Best of all, OneLogin for SAManage is free.
Identity and access management (IAM) plays an important role within organizations. A newly hired employee is assigned an email address and login credentials. He or she uses the corporate email address to sign in to various systems like email, client management, and the IT service desk and asset management system. All emails, customer data and IT asset records belong to the organization.
When the individual’s employment ends, the organization must have access to and control over the data produced by the employee, while ensuring that he or she can no longer access the data.
Implementing IAM allows your organization to manage authorization and privileges across your entire system to increase security while decreasing the investment of time and money. These solutions also help your team members be more productive by automating previously manual tasks.
Among the benefits of IAM are:
- Improved regulatory compliance
- Reduced information security risk
- Reduced IT operating and development costs
- Improved operating efficiency and transparency
- Improved user satisfaction
Would your organization benefit from IAM? If one or more of these 10 signs apply to your organization, then you will certainly benefit from identity management.
- Use the same password for all applications and never change them
- Manage passwords in spreadsheets or on sticky notes
- Can still access your data after they no longer work for you
- Forget user names and passwords on a daily basis
- Share and never change passwords for applications like FedEx and Twitter
Your IT Department
- Is burdened with password-related support
- Has zero insight into application usage and security
- Cannot enforce security policies in the cloud
- Lacks proper reporting tools to ensure compliance
- Struggles with integrating your directory infrastructure with the cloud
Implementing IAM allows your employees to use single sign-on (SSO) at the office or on the go and enforces multi-factor authentication. If you’re considering implementing IAM at your organization, contact OneLogin for more information.