Transforming resolved incidents into solutions saves time and reduces service redundancy: if you’ve solved it for one person, you’ve solved it for your whole organization. You can either save a solution to a resolved incident, or initiate a solution without an incident.
How to save a solution to an resolved incident
– Select the “Service Desk” tab.
– Select “Incidents”.
– Select the incident you intend to resolve and create a solution for.
2. With the specific incident’s page open, you have the option to set the State of the incident. Since in this case you plan to resolve the incident, select “Resolved”.
3. Now, you can set the resolution type (1) and provide the specific resolution information. To create a solution from the incident, check mark the “Create New Solution” box (2), and then save the resolution by clicking the Save Resolution button.
The incident will be marked as “Resolved” in the Incidents list, and the solution will be visible in the Solutions list.
4. To make the solution accessible to your organization, change the solution State to “Approved”.
How to initiate a solution without an incident
– Select the “Service Desk” tab
– Select “Solutions”
2. Select the “New Solutions” button, located here:
3. In the Solutions page, enter the title and solution you would like to add. Notice that you have the option to classify the solution either “Draft” (only viewed by you), “Internal” (only viewed by IT users) or “Approved” (publicly viewed).
Add a checkmark to “Appear on Portal Home” to publish the solution to the Samanage portal.
4. When you’re ready, click the “Create Solution” button. The new solution will be available to your organization, easily accessed via the search bar in the Portal Home screen.