We’ve entered an age where we have the delivery of anything as a service and departments outside of IT are seeing themselves as service delivery organizations. As organizations try to deliver solid customer experiences and efficient service operations, they will need to align their work practices with the strengths of automation to gain efficiency across all processes and workflows. Technology advancements in the digital frontier have enabled automation of IT service requests, putting information at the fingertips of the end users and spearheading customer service success. The rest of the enterprise has noticed, realizing that in order to improve customer-facing experiences and support business growth and change, they need to automate.
Why Should We Automate?
Automation enables organizations to better control costs by automating tedious and time-consuming tasks, reducing the amount of time expended in manual labor and disconnected services. Here are some of the top benefits that automation brings:
- Reduce human error. When people handle mundane, repetitive tasks, there is an increased chance of making a mistake, creating a potentially costly problem for an organization. Shifting these tasks and workflows to an automation tool dramatically reduces and often eliminates errors.
- Goodbye inefficiency. Improve the customer experience and create efficiency in operations by automating process tasks that are repetitive and time-consuming. Think how more efficient Human Resources could be by automating their processes, like onboarding and offboarding, and decreasing the need for the vast amounts of paperwork.
- Gain muscle with big data. Thanks, in part, to the digital age, there is massive amounts of data compiled by organizations. There is so much data that can’t possibly be managed by technical employees. Automate data capture and analysis processes to leverage data effectively and integrate it into your current systems.
- Maximize your brainpower. Your organization is made up of many highly skilled individuals. By leveraging automation, the menial tasks will be handled by technology, allowing staff to further develop their skillsets and focus their expertise on more complex and strategic business matters. You also have the added benefit of reducing payroll expenses by not requiring additional staff to handle increasing workloads. Automation provides a greater amount of work utilizing the same capacity.
- Increase customer satisfaction. As a service organization, you want to create positive customer experiences. Automation helps provide a greater level of support for internal and external customers, reduces the wait time to resolve issues by providing self-service solutions, and can help cut down problem resolution time.
- Lower operational costs. By automating technologies, you reduce human error, increase the speed at which processes and functions can be performed, optimize resources, enhance security, and so much more. You can do more with fewer resources and have leaner operations.