At SAManage, we understand the importance of staying on top of key industry trends, and being aware of what the experts are saying about the state of the IT asset management (ITAM) and IT service management (ITSM) and SaaS markets. So, each month, we’ll be compiling a list of informative articles and other content, to keep you up-to-date on the latest and greatest ITSM and ITAM news!
IT Asset Management Links
- Identifying Undocumented IT Aliens (from CTO Edge)
- IT Asset Management: How to Bring Value to Your Organization, Part 1 and Part 2 (from The International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers)
- Incorporating Laptops into ITAM Practices (from The International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers)
- Copyright is a Global Concern: Copyright Laws and Software License Compliance (from The International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers)
- IT Asset Management: It’s All About Tradeoffs (from Information Management Online)
- Gartner Releases IT Asset Management MarketScope (reprinted courtesy of CA)
IT Service Management Links
- How to Select an ITIL Monitoring Tool (from ITSM Portal)
- How Mid-Sized Organizations are Adopting ITIL (from ITSM Portal)
- ITSM for SOA (from browseBLOG.com)
- Trends in IT Service Management: Three Generations of Outsourcing (from The Outsource Blog)
- Service Catalog Still Top of ITSM Agenda (from Web Host Talk)
- ITSM Industry Survey Reveals Top 5 Trends for 2010 (from ITSM Watch)
- New Ovum Report on IT Service Management (from Computer Weekly)
- Organizations Need to Re-Evaluate the Rationale for SaaS (from Gartner)
- Is SaaS dead? (from cloudave)
- SaaS TCO, ROI, and billing myths (from diversity)
IT Service Management for Google Apps
Sign up for a free trial of SAManage for Google Apps .
About Laura Miller
Laura Miller is the Senior Director of Sales Operations, ITSM at SolarWinds. She works one-on-one with customers ranging from SMB to Fortune 500, providing them with a modern way to look at service management. Laura's ITIL experience and ITIL v3 Foundations certification provides her with a unique understanding of the service management industry. Her guilty pleasures are anything chocolate, ice coffee, and reality TV.
Read more articles by Laura