Today, IT organizations are under constant pressure to lower their hardware and software Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – the measure of all aspects of owning and operating an asset. The goal is to make better informed business decisions, operate more efficiently, and
reduce expenses; having to account for every owned asset and planned expenditure. In seeking workable solutions to this massive responsibility, many companies today are turning to automated asset tracking, like SAManage IT Asset Management.
Software asset management is designed to optimize enterprise IT assets by capturing, tracking, and integrating all features of their physical, financial and contractual elements. Automating the management of asset lifecycles can significantly decrease software and
hardware expenses while greatly reducing, if not altogether eliminating, the risks of potential IT contractual liabilities or non-compliance.
By Solving Many Challenges, Automated IT Asset Management Saves Money
Attempting to successfully manage and make decisions on manually collected data leaves organizations open to compliance errors and expensive mistakes. By automating the entire process, from asset procurement to re-cycling or retirement, SAManage helps IT managers
know exactly WHAT assets they have, WHERE they are and what their configuration is. Changes, including new computers or software installations are closely tracked as are all plans for IT migrations or new IT projects. Equally important, automated IT asset
management correlates all hardware and software assets against legal contracts and licenses.
Using a SaaS-based Asset Management system like SAManage accomplishes many things. First, it allows managers to automatically detect all hardware and software elements across the enterprise and enables them to stay informed in real-time about every inventory change.
In addition, IT Asset Management also allows managers to track assets’ lifecycle and service history and remotely access computers from any location.
By automating your IT asset management with a SaaS-based system delivers immediate ROI in many ways, such as:
- Ensuring software compliance by knowing what you have, where it is, and what you use
- Reducing unnecessary and expensive IT expenditures by knowing exactly what is needed and purchasing solutions/licenses in accordance with specific business requirements
- Minimizing the risks associated with poor software license management, by better tracking upcoming contract expiration dates, giving you ample time to shop for more economical solutions and avoiding the fines imposed for illegal software use by identifying and correcting compliance gaps
- Aligning IT needs with business goals to support business decisions such as procurement or renewals.
- Improving productivity by empowering IT administrators to easily track and manage assets
- Detecting unauthorized and illegal software
- Improve vendor relationships by more efficiently managing contract renewals