In today’s tough economy, companies of all types and sizes are tightening their belts. As a result, IT budgets are shrinking – fast! But, with fewer dollars to spend on technology, businesses must make wiser purchasing decisions, choosing those tools that will deliver the greatest value in the shortest time frame. That’s why IT asset management should be at the top of your technology “wish list”.
If you want the fastest, highest return on a technology investment, then IT asset management is the way to go. Unlike some other IT management applications, which have advantages that are hard to quantify, the benefits of IT asset management are tangible and measurable. These include:
- Better asset utilization by know what assets you have and how these assets are used.
- Enhanced infrastructure performance through improved tracking of enhancements, upgrades, and repairs and service.
- Reduced risk of fines due to software non-compliance through more effective software asset management.
- Improved control over your network and changes to your assets and faster, more precise IT audits.
- Optimized employee productivity through better detection and elimination of unauthorized software like games.
But, perhaps most importantly, unlike other tools that take a while to demonstrate their worth, the advantages of comprehensive hardware and software asset management with an IT asset management system can be realized almost immediately. In fact, according to Pepperweed Consulting, the vast majority of organizations who implement IT asset management experience full ROI within the first year, as well as ongoing savings throughout the life of the solution.
And, those benefits are further magnified when you choose a hosted IT asset management system. Without the high cost of maintenance and the high upfront expenditures typically associated with legacy, on-premise IT asset management solutions, SaaS IT management tools provides the potential for:
- Reduce deployment risk and shorter time to value
- Dramatically reduced total cost of ownership
- Accelerated return on investment
- Minimized burden on IT resources, since there is no hardware to install or maintain