Decide it’s Time for Change. Time for ITSM.
If you’ve been keeping up with innovations in the IT world, you know by now why you should adopt IT service management (ITSM) software within your organization. With a robust set of features, including but not limited to service catalog, self-service portal, knowledge base, incident, problem, and change management, the offerings of a strong ITSM solution clearly beat using email and spreadsheets to manage your IT department.
So, let’s say you’re sold. You 100% know that you’re ready to bring an ITSM solution to your organization. Now comes hard the part:
- Look in before you look out. Easier said than done, right? But, understanding what your overall needs are (not just your IT needs) internally is far more important than understanding what an ITSM solution can offer you. It’s just like a job interview, you’re interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. It has to be the perfect match for both.
- What makes a world-class SaaS vendor? After looking in, there are a set of requirements to look out for. We’ll talk about how to evaluate SaaS vendors and pick out the world-class offerings.
- Where do you even find ITSM vendors? Is it as simple as a Google search? What are the most credible sources for user reviews and information on different solutions? Once you know where to look, it’ll be as easy as referring back to your internal needs and your knowledge of what makes up world-class SaaS. Next thing you know, you’ve got a short list of vendors, and you’re ready to begin the conversation.
- Demos and Trials…Lions and Bears, oh my! You’ve successfully narrowed down your list and begun the conversation with your finalists. Next thing you know, you’re on the phone all day doing demos, engaging in trials. How can you make the most out of these demos? What are some essential questions you should each vendor?
- You’ve completed demos, maybe even trials, but how do you effectively report everything back to your team? “So, uh, guys, I’ve been doing some research, and I think we should get this.” Probably not going to work. Adopting an ITSM solution is a big change to an organization — how can you best convince everyone to shell out the budget, time, and resources needed to successfully implement a software?
- Making the decision. Now that all the decision makers are sufficiently informed and educated on your final vendor selections, it’s time to make a decision. How do you choose between two excellent offerings? We’ll talk about priorities, budgeting, implementation speed, and other factors that may play a role in differentiating your ITSM finalists.
For the month of August, we’ll be answering the questions above. Our goal is to create a comprehensive guide that will equip you with the knowledge necessary to go after an ITSM solution and bring it to your organization. We’ll tackle different parts of the ITSM acquisition process one blog at a time. Every IT team deserves to be empowered by a strong service management solution, and we’re here to help you get to that point.
So, pack your bags. The journey begins.